Surroundings of Mayrhofen
Far away from noise and hustle and bustle, yet so close to the hustle & bustle.
Mayrhofen is probably the prettiest town in the Zillertal with numerous shopping opportunities and excellent restaurants.
Especially the famous Mayrhofner main street is called the pleasure & shopping mile here in the Zillertal:
Grocery shops / supermarkets in Mayrhofen:
- BILLA: Mon-Sat from 7:15 to 19:30 (Sat. 18:00)
- SPAR: Mon-Sat from 7:30 to 18:30 (Sat. 18:00)
- M-PREIS: Mon-Sat from 7:20 to 19:00 (Fri. 19:30, Sat. 18:00)
The “Scheulingwald” is a protected part of the Tyrolean landscape and is an enrichment for the village due to its invigorating effect and is of great importance for the market town of Mayrhofen in terms of its recreational value. It extends over 14.0 km and borders the eastern edge of the market town of Mayrhofen. The largely flat Scheulingwald, with varying densities of trees, changes to a steep slope area further east of the Brandbergstraße. The Scheulingwald is an important retreat for native animal and plant communities.
In the north-western edge of the protected area there are agricultural areas, the forest cemetery, the forest festival site with its extraordinary ambience, the playground and recreation park, the skate park and the miniature golf course”. In addition, numerous walking paths criss-cross the area and the water nature playground “Brindlang” can also be used by visitors.
ACTIVE IN THE REGION
The Mayrhofen region in the heart of the Zillertal offers – summer and winter – a wide range of sporting opportunities.
Visit in summer:
- the indoor & outdoor swimming pool “Erlebnisbad Mayrhofen” (free entry for our guests, approx. 10 minutes walk away),
- the mini golf course (approx. 5 minutes walk from our holiday flat),
- the tennis court (about a 10-minute walk away),
- the Mayrhofner fun & skate park (approx. 50 m away) or
- the children’s forest playground (approx. 20 m away)
You can also experience a magical winter off the slopes in Mayrhofen:
- Winter hiking & snowshoe tours (on approx. 80 km of well-cleared hiking trails)
- Tobogganing fun (at the Wiesenhof in Mayrhofen, on the Brindlingalm or the Rastkogelhütte on the Schwendberg. Toboggan rental in Mayrhofen).
- Indoor swimming pool & sauna (in the Mayrhofen adventure pool)
- Fitness centre (at the Shape fitness studio in Mayrhofen)
- Carriage ride (at Kiendlerhof riding stable & Wechselberger riding stable)